There are several household products like running alcohol, shampoo, and vinegar that are available to clean the rug. But, what if when you want a strong solution to remove the tough stains from your oriental rug? For this, mix baking soda in these products. Baking soda is considered the most useful cleaner for an oriental rug.
Moreover, it is an inexpensive solution that has no impact on the environment. It will even help to get rid of odors and stains with ease. Depending on the stain you have to sprinkle the baking soda on your carpet. Let’s discuss the different methods for cleaning oriental rugs with baking soda.
Top 3 Methods For Cleaning Oriental Rugs With Baking Soda
1) Remove Non-Greasy Stain From Rug
There are many non-greasy stains like tea, coffee, or fruit-juice present in your rugs. To remove them, follow this procedure.
- Sprinkle the baking soda on the above surface of the rug.
- Add some droplets of hot water.
- Allow the mixture to sit on the rug for at least 3 hours.
- Vacuum the area, try to remove as much as baking soda particles from the rug.
2) Remove Greasy Stains From Rug
You may face a situation like oil spills and butter crumbs on your rugs, which is difficult to remove from it. To deal with such stains follow this process.
- Use a paper towel and blot the grease as much as you can. Don’t rub else the stain will set on your rug permanently.
- Once it is completed, sprinkle the baking soda on the surface and leave it overnight. The more you leave baking powder, the more it will absorb the grease.
- In the morning, if still there is a stain, use little dish soap and try to blot on the stained area. Add some water and then rinse off with a clean towel.
- Now, if the area is damp, vacuum it. So that you will find the area is clean and fresh like new.
3) Remove Pet Odors
If you have a pet at home, then to remove their odor from your rug follow this process.
- Simply add a generous amount of baking soda to your oriental rug area as it is inhabited by your pet. Leave the baking soda for a few hours.
- Vacuum the area, you will find your rug smell fresh and clean.
- You need to repeat the process depending on the situation of your rug.
Are You Looking For Professional Rug Cleaning Services?
The fiber of a rug needs special attention while cleaning. While cleaning your rug with different solutions may harm its fibers. So, applying baking soda is more convenient than going out and searching for a different chemical solvent for cleaning.
We, at Bio-Clean Carpet Cleaning, provide top-notch professional rug cleaning services in Pottstown and nearby areas. Our technicians always go for a gentle hand washing process to clean your rugs. To get a free quote, you can give us a call today!