Hiring professional tile and grout cleaning services is the best way to ensure your floor remains in the best condition for a long time. But the question is, how often do you need professional tile and grout cleaning?
Usually, hiring professionals once or twice a year is enough to maintain tile and grout. But it also depends on many other factors, which we will discuss in this article.
Factors Affecting the Frequency of Professional Tile and Grout Cleaning
- If you clean your tiles and grout regularly by vacuuming and mopping, you need to call the professionals once a year.
- Tiles and grouts in your workplaces get dirtier than those in your home due to high foot traffic. Therefore, commercial spaces require tile and grout cleaning more frequently than residential areas.
- If your place has pets and kids, it gets more challenging for you to clean up the floor as they unintentionally bring in a lot of dirt. Therefore such high-traffic areas should get cleaned twice a year.
- Cleaning your floor also depends on the type of tiles too. For example, if you have ceramic tiles, you need to get them cleaned twice a year, but if there are marble tiles, it is okay to get them cleaned once a year.
Why should you Hire a Professional Floor Cleaning Service?
After knowing the required frequency of professional tile and grout cleaning, there may still be doubt in your mind about hiring professionals. To help you with this dilemma, here we have discussed why you should hire a professional tile and grout cleaning service.
1. For Deep Cleaning
Professional cleaning is more effective than a cleaning done at home. Because professionals use modern tools and methods to remove every trace of dirt and grime from your floor, You might leave some dirt, debris, or stains behind while cleaning the floor. But Professionals cleaning ensures that no dirt particles remain on your tile and grout.
2. Saves Your Time
You can save time by hiring a professional floor cleaning service. For example, you might take an hour to clean a particular floor area, whereas professionals can clean it in less time. Also, if you hire a professional to clean your place, you can sit back and relax, follow your hobby, or work on something else important.
3. Use Of The Right Equipment
When you do the floor cleaning by yourself, you may use some home remedies after believing tile and grout cleaning myths that may cause damage to your tiles and grouts moving forward. If you hire professionals, they use the latest tools and techniques while cleaning the tile and grout to ensure effective cleaning without damaging your floor.
4. Use of Correct Floor Cleaners
There is a possibility that you might use floor cleaners that contain a high proportion of harsh chemicals. Hiring professionals will reduce the risk of harsh chemicals because they will know which floor cleaner suits best for your tiles.
Signs that your Tile and Grout need Professional Cleaning
Here are some signs that your tile and grout are due for a professional cleaning.
- Discolored tiles and grout
- Growth of mold and mildew in the grout.
- The tiles look dark and dull.
- You cannot remove the dirt and stains from the tile and grout yourself.
Why your Tiles and Grout don’t remain Clean?
The reasons why your tiles and grouts don’t remain clean for a long time following.
1. Overuse of Chemicals: If you use floor cleaners having high chemicals, the floor gets slippery, and the residues of overused chemicals make the floor look unclean.
2. Mopping out Without Dusting: You have to brush out the dust from the floor before mopping it with water. If you don’t sweep or vacuum and mop the floor with water, the dust will get wet and build up, making the floor look dirty.
3. Type of Mop used: Use an appropriate mop on the floor, as there are different types of mops for different floorings.
4. Floor not Air-dried: If you do not let the floor air-dry itself, there will be spots or patches left over it when someone walks off the wet floor.