Pet parents understand the true importance of adopting a pet at home. Whenever you buy a cat or a dog for your household, they are becoming family members. Much of the while, pets are lovely, but they can often annoy you. Thus, you must know you’re going to need pet stain and odor removal tips.
Consider how you would feel if you had dusted the apartment on a Sunday morning. All of it appears to be in wonderful order and is pristine, and it also smells nice. When you look behind, your pet has made a sloppy puddle on the carpet.
Even if they don’t plan to, pee, excrement, and dirty paw prints can leave a mess on the carpeting and create a lot of aggravation. Before contacting a specialist and receiving an estimate, let’s have a look at how to do pet stains and odor removal from the carpet.
Steps For Pet Stain And Odor Removal From The Carpet
1. Move Your Pet To A Safe Place
To begin, isolate the furry friend from the rest of the house do not let it back in unless you’ve finished cleaning. Otherwise, the pet may wander around and transfer the mess from room to room.
You wouldn’t like the same thing to happen on the other end of the carpet. Distancing them prevents this from happening. After that, it’s time to get down to business. Fast action with a wet stain will help to remove it more efficiently. Thus do not let the stain dry until you take action.
2. Use A Mixture Of Vinegar & Water
A mix of 50 percent white vinegar and 50 percent water is one household pet stain remover to try. The vinegar will nullify the sticky residue and help to get rid of a lot of the smell. It acts as a basic pet stain remover for carpets.
- In a fresh, unused spray container, combine the ingredients.
- Spray a generous amount of liquid to the area, allowing it to sink further into carpeting and padding.
- Rub the solvent through the carpeting strands with a gentle brush.
- Using a fresh microfiber cloth or paper towels, dab the region dry. before actually placing the carpet flat on a hardwood floor, allow it fully dry.
3. Baking Soda With Hydrogen Peroxide Helps
If the stains or odor persists despite scrubbing with the said vinegar solution, a quick fix of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda can be used. This is one of the best carpet cleaners for pet stains. The stain will be broken, germs will be killed, and smells will be absorbed with these substances. You should try this method on a tiny, inconspicuous piece of the carpeting initially to make sure it will not wear down the colors of the strands.
- Coat the discolored region with a liberal scoop of baking soda, ensuring that it penetrates all or most of the damaged carpet strands.
- In a cleaned, dry spray container, combine 1/3 cup 3 percent hydrogen peroxide and 2 cups water. If you want to boost the cleaning performance, put a teaspoon of normal dishwasher solution.
- Using a spray bottle, saturate the baking soda with the mixture. If the staining is on a carpet that is laid on a hardwood floor, ensure to raise the carpet to avoid harm to the surface.
- Employing a gentle brush, rub the mixture throughout the carpeting
- Allow an average of two hours for the liquid to settle.
- You will only see powdered baking soda over the carpeting after it’s dried. Baking soda should be vacuumed.
4. Repeat, Clean, and Repeat
That’s all there is to it. A quick and easy technique to remove pet stains from the carpets. You’ll be returning to expressing your attention to the pet in no time if you implement these tips.
You might observe that the dry borders or colored portions are still present. This isn’t something to be concerned about. Merely continue the cleaning procedure till the stain is entirely removed. You can repeat the baking soda and hydrogen peroxide step as it is the best pet stain remover.
How do you get old pet stains out of the carpet?
For old stains, a more rigorous form of cleaning is required. This is because the pet pee or excrement particles have already settled deep down the carpet fibers. A solution of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide is a notably strong cleaning agent. It breaks down the stain and also lifts the odor. If this method does not work, you have to call in a professional pet stain carpet cleaner.
If you need pet odor elimination in Pottstown or the surrounding areas. You’ve arrived at the right location. Yes! We can assist you to handle any pet odor issues. Our professionals will provide you with the best odor removal advice.
Our advanced cleaning solutions and techniques along with proper equipment allow us to take down any tough stain within minutes. We strive for customer satisfaction and hence always make sure to do our job to get perfect results every time.